- wallclimber109If the video link on this page isnt working you can check the video out on youtube. www.youtube.com/...
- Alex FritzJacob, George has been establishing stuff in McClellan for a very long time, he is out there all the...
- JacobNot all of these lines are FA's strong people have been bouldering at mcclellen for at least 6 years...
- MeliThank you to Veephoto for the climbing picture!
- haveronglad u had a great trip!
The balcony you see in this video, has been a long standing symbol of mental discipline for me. My first day freerunning on campus (nearly 4 years ago) I saw it and briefly imagined myself diving off it. The very idea seemed intangible and foreign. As I progressed in my training and acquired a better sense of my own movements I began to revisit the long forgotten idea. One fall night, laying in bed unable to sleep, I sought to understand what kept me from achieving this "impossible" goal. Suddenly it became clear...I ready all along. I just needed to decide to do it. I then decided I would perform the movement one week from that night. For the next week, everywhere I went I had visions of the movement in my head. I would practice by visualizing the move (daydreaming in class), which sent my heart racing to the point I sometimes had to step out for a moment. It was this feeling that lead me to write this script. What you see here is my best representation of everything that went through my head as I prepared for the move mentally. With my wife Megan, teammates Adam and Nick, and friend (also cameraman) Will there supporting me, the dive you see in this video was the move I had dreamed of all along. This video stands not only as a measure of my progress mentally, but a celebration of movement. One Love =) Matthew Barnes Video was shot and edited by THE William F. Cabral http://vimeo.com/user1685041 If you dig this sort of thing and would like to follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/_MattBarnes http://www.TeamMomenta.com
- Added Date: Jan 31 2011
- Length: 01:50
- Views 1083
- Wall Posts: 0