Five Ten Pre-Walkathon Race
Objective : An opportunity as well as a rehearsal to raise competition endurance and co-operation with support team members.
Routing : Starting from Pak Tam Chung, via Pak Tam Rd. to Pak Tam Au, connecting MacLehose Trail Stage 3 at M049 (before CP3 don’t entrance GILWELL CAMPSITE )and then continue hiking to Stage 5 (M115), 117 meter more to go to Tai Po Rd. and turn left and walk for 263 meter, i.e. walk up the footbridge lane and down the lane to the 50km speed sign and finish at the Tai Po Rd. piper’s Hill Car Park. Total distance is around 36km and participants are required to finish within 12hours (20:30).
Race Date : 16th October 2011 (Sunday)
Registration : 7:30am Venue : Pak Tam Chung leisure park immediately after control point
Category : Solo, Team of 2 - Male & Mixed & Veteran (The total age should be above 80 of any two combination) or Quad ( Men’s team or any four combination)
Start Time : 8:30am “A Finisher Certificate will be awarded to finisher within 12hours”
Qualification : Participants should know MacLehose Trail and race route before the race. Entry Fee : $300 foe person, $600 for team of two, $1,200 for team of four Deadline : 3rd October 2011(Monday) “No entry after deadline, No entry on Event Day”
Souvenir : All turning up participants will be awarded a souvenir T-shirt and a Hiking bag.
Timing Chip : This race will use Timing chip, not need deposit & return.
Awarding : Men Solo First 12 runners, Women Solo First 4 runners and other Group First 3
teams will be awarded prizes after finishing the race on the event day.
CP Opening Hours ~“distance between CPs”/ distance from Starting Point :
Pak Tam Chung Start (0830) CP1 Pak Tam Au M049 (08:40－09:15~ “3.2km”/ 3.2km) CP2 Kei Ling Ha M069 (09:30－12:30~ “10km”/ 13.2km) CP3 Sha Tin Pass Rd. M098 (11:00－18:00~ “14.5km/ 27.7km) Tai Po Rd. M115 (12:00－21:00~ “8.9km”/ 36.6km)
* Starting Point served water only. *Luggage consignment (Pak Tam Chung to Tai Po Rd.) *Water, Sport drink, fruit and bread will be served at CP2,CP3.
1. Please fill in the entry form together with crossed cheque and name endorsed (payable to “Hong Kong Marathon Pro”), send to : “Flat C, 33/F, Block 1,
Jubilee Garden, Shatin (Pre-36K)”
2. Form should enclose 2 self-addressed enough stamped envelopes for each team.
3. Incomplete form will not be processed.
4. Typhoon signal No. 8 or above, Red or Black rainstorm or any situation beyond control, the race will be postponed or cancelled.
5. I.D. Card should be available for verification. 6. Entry fee is non-refundable once has been accepted. Successful entry depends cheque clearing.
7. Change of team member or special arrangement should requires payment of $100 each time (change can only be accepted before the race 7 days).
8. Not receipt service. 9. Participant bears your own insurance. 10. Entrants should be 18 of age or above. 11. Number cloth & chip are non-transferable.
12. Entry fee will not be refunded & send back & change participate name & change race for double entry. 13. All souvenirs and awards can’t award after the race.