RENO, Nev. - Presenting the world’s tallest climbing wall on Saturday, October 1 is just one component of the Grand Opening celebration for CommRow, Reno’s first “Urban Adventure Destination”. Downtown’s first nonsmoking, nongaming, pet-friendly property will showcase many entertainment facets, full schedule below.
Please Note: North Virginia Street will be closed between 2nd Street and Commercial Row between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. Saturday, October 1
- 11 a.m.: CommRow opens to the public, “Sherpas” will be on-site throughout property for questions and assistance
- Featuring free climbing and gear at BaseCamp from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Grand Opening food & drink menu will be offered throughout the day in TheRow
- 12 p.m.: Free performance from the String Beings String Quartet in CommRow’s first floor venue, Centric
- 2 p.m.: BaseCamp BOGO offer begins, buy one climb, get a certificate for a free climb on another day (same person only, non-transferrable)
- Free pro climber clinics begin, “Climb Like a Girl” with Emily Harrington from 2-2:30 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m.:
- Free pro climbing clinic with Jon Cardwell, “Training On and Off the Wall - Clinic and Q&A” from 2:30-3 p.m.
- DJ Raul spins in Centric
- 4 p.m.: Free pro climbing clinic with Dave Graham, “Successful Tips for the Send” from 4-4:30 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m.:
- Free pro climbing clinic with Alex Johnson, “Training On & Off the Wall for the Ladies” from 4:30-5 p.m.
- Free pro climbing clinic with Ian Dory, “What Makes for Success on the Rock--Clinic and Q&A” from 4:30-5 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m.: Ribbon Cutting Ceremony begins
- Mayor Bob Cashell addresses crowd
- Dedication ceremony to Maison Ortiz
- “SkyscraperMan” Dan Goodwin climbs wall to cut ribbon
- 7 p.m.: Fireworks display from CommRow roof
- 7:30 p.m.: Free live performance by The Jesse French Project in Centric
- 8 p.m.: Free live performance by Buster Blue in Cargo
- 9 p.m.: Free live performance by Eric Andersen in Centric
- 10 p.m.:
- Adults-only blacklight climbing on boulders in BaseCamp
- Super Diamond in Cargo
- DJ Jessica the Ripper spins in Centric
- Midnight: Live entertainment in Centric
After the Grand Opening celebration, CommRow will be closed Sunday, October 2 and resume the normal hours of operation listed on the website by venue on Wednesday, October 5.
Reno, Nevada’s first “Urban Adventure Destination”, CommRow, is 16-story property featuring the world’s tallest climbing wall on its exterior façade, a world-class indoor bouldering facility, slacklines, an eclectic array of eleven eateries and beverage stations, two live entertainment venues and much more. The pet-friendly HANG Hotel and an outdoor Adventure Deck offering BMX and skate parks, a bouldering facility, seasonal restaurant and other attractions are scheduled for 2012.